Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 12/27/2019
· See the unique revival Bulgarian houses, the Roman Theatre and the Roman Stadium
· Walk through the longest pedestrian street in Europe
· Climb to the old Thracian fortress hill from where you can see the magnificent view of the city
· See some of the undergoing events which are part of the European capital of culture
· Have the chance to visit a traditional local restourant
With this tour you will have the chance to discover the town of Plovdiv: the oldest existing settlement in Europe. It is a very beautiful place, also known as the town of the Seven Hills, and it can be reached for only 2 hours from Sofia by car. This amazing city merges Thracian, Roman and Bulgarian heritage. You will see traditional Bulgarian houses from the Revival period, walk by Roman remains and early Christian mosaics. Popular museums that can be visited in the town are the Ethnographic museum, the museum of Natural history, the Roman stadium. And you will have free time for lunch in a traditional local restourant.
Plovdiv is the second largest city in Bulgaria, the 5th oldest in the world and the oldest in Europe. Its history dates back to 4,000 years BC. In the beginning, the ancient settlement was situated on the natural elevation between Nebet, Taksim and Dzhambaz hills (the Three Hills). In ancient times Thracians inhabited the Three Hills and built a fortified settlement – the largest city in Thrace. In the 4th century BC Plovdiv was conquered by Phillip of Macedonia. He gave the city one of its many names – Phillipopolis, and had it surrounded by thick fortified walls. Later it became a Roman province and an important regional center. The town hosts the Roman theatre, which was successfully restored and it is presently used for different performances, concerts and events.
Since this year Plovdiv is the European capital of culture, you may be able to see some of the undergoing events as well! They will be in all different aspects such as exebitions, concerts, art permormances, street parades and many others. You can write us your date of traveling and we will inform you what events will be held during that period and can be included in the day trip. On requesrt, we can organize you a multiday trip to Plovdiv with an overnight stay as well!
Enjoy a beautiful trip to the heart of Bulgaria!
1 person: 110 euro per person
2 people: 60 euro per person
3- 4 people: 50 euro per person
5- 8 people: 45 euro per person
· Transportation by an A/C car with free Wi Fi
· Hotel pick up and drop off
· Private tour
· Professional driver- guide in English throughout the whole day (or in other language on request
· Sightseeing tour in Plovdiv
· Lunch & Personal expenses
· Museum entrance fees (2- 5 euro)
· Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick up at 9;30am by a private car. Please indicate your hotel
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Prices for more than 8 people: on request; bigger groups are subjected to great discounts!
- Reference code: CT09
Book on-line, by e-mail or by phone:
+359 894 40 41 41; +359 894 99 99 08; +359 2 980 46 86;
Specify the name of the tour and its reference code. “Last minute” reservations are accepted up to 12 hours before the starting time of the tour.
|Guide||Private Live Guide|
|Tour group||Private tour|