Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 12/26/2019
· Explore two UNESCO world heritage sites with one tour
· Visit the Boyana church and see its amazingly well preserved medieval frescoes
· Visit the Rila Monastery- the largest monastery in Bulgaria. See its museum, authentic monk rooms and the old defensive tower
· Have lunch at a great local restourant
With this tour you will be able to visit Rila Monastery and Boyana church- UNESCO World Heritage sites. Learn their old history and legends as your guide's commentary takes you back into time.
The tour departs at 9.00 in the morning and the first stop is at the great UNESCO historical place – Boyana church, dating back to the 10th century, which has unique and very well preserved frescoes and pictures from the period of 11 to 14 century.
After exploring it, you will head to the Rila Monastery- the biggest monastery in Bulgaria. It was established back in the 10th century. The current buildings are from the mid 19th century, with a defensive tower that survived from the 14th century.
In the monastery complex you will admire the impressive architecture and frescoes.
During the guided tour in the inner yard and the monastery museum, you will discover the most precious pieces that are kept from the past and all the facts and stories about the biggest Bulgarian monastery complex. You will also have the chance to see an old and authentic monk room!
Before going back to Sofia, you will have free time for a lunch break in a great local restourant with delicious cuisine.
1 person: 110 euro per person
2 people: 60 euro per person
3- 4 people: 50 euro per person
5- 8 people: 45 euro per person
- Hotel pick up at 9.30am by a private car. Please indicate your hotel
- Day trip duration: about 8 hours
- Prices for more than 8 people: on request; bigger groups are subjected to great discounts!
- Reference code: CT01
Book on-line, by e-mail or by phone:
+359 894 40 41 41; +359 894 99 99 08; +359 2 980 46 86;
Specify the name of the tour and its reference code. “Last minute” reservations are accepted up to 12 hours before the starting time of the tour.
|2||-35,00€||Up to 160,00€|
|Guide||Private Live Guide|
|Tour group||Private tour|