Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 12/26/2019
- Discover two great UNESCO places with one day trip
- Explore the Rila Monastery, the biggest monastery in Bulgaria
- Visit the Boyana Church and see its unique medieval frescoes
- Enjoy a day in the mountains
With this tour you will be able to visit Rila Monastery and Boyana church- UNESCO World Heritage sites. Learn their old history and legends as your guide's commentary takes you back into time.
The tour departs at 9.00 in the morning from Alexander Nevsky square and the first stop is at the great UNESCO historical place – Boyana church, dating back to the 10th century, which has unique and very well preserved frescoes and pictures from the period of 11 to 14 century.
After exploring it, you will head to the Rila Monastery- the biggest monastery in Bulgaria. It was established back in the 10th century. The current buildings are from the mid 19th century, with a defensive tower that survived from the 14th century.
In the monastery complex you will admire the impressive architecture and frescoes.
During the guided tour in the inner yard and the monastery museum, you will discover the most precious pieces that are kept from the past and all the facts and stories about the biggest Bulgarian monastery complex. You will also have the chance to see an authentic monk room as well!
Most times the group size is 4-8 people.
Arpil- October: 30 euro per person
November- March: 35 euro per person
- Booking in advance and confirmation is requred! "Last minute" reservations are accepted up to 12 hours before the starting time of the tour
- Departure time: 9am (you should be there 15 minutes before that)- search for the City Tour minivan
- Meeting point: behind Alexander Nevsky Cathedral- near Café La Cathedrale
- Return point: returns to the original location
- People should have their knees and shouldrs covered in order to enter the monastery!
- Day trip duration: 8 hours
- Reference code: CT20
Book on-line, by e-mail or by phone:
+359 894 40 41 41; +359 894 99 99 08; +359 2 980 46 86;
Specify the name of the tour and its reference code. “Last minute” reservations are accepted up to 12 hours before the starting time of the tour.
|Guide||Private Live Guide|
|Tour group||Small group (8-15 persons)|