Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 12/26/2019
· See the uinique revival Bulgarian houses, the Roman Theatre and the Roman Stadium
· Walk through the longest pedestrian street in Europe
· Climb to the old Thracian fortress hill from where you can see the magnificent view of the city
Discover the town of Plovdiv- one of the oldest existing settlements in world! See the Roman Theater and parts of the Roman Stadium. Walk through the longest pedestrian street in Europe. Explore the magnificent Revival old town with its unique colorful houses from the 19th century. See the recently uncovered early Christian mosaics dating back to the 4th
Since this year Plovdiv is the European capital of culture, you may be able to see some of the undergoing events as well! They will be in all different aspects such as exebitions, concerts, art permormances, street parades and many others. You can write us your date of traveling and we will inform you what events will be held during that period and can be included in the day trip. On requesrt, we can organize you a multiday trip to Plovdiv with an overnight stay as well!
The cliche "you must see Plovdiv to see Bulgaria" is absolutely true and there is so much to explore in the country's second largest town. Plovdiv is about 2 hours drive from Sofia and is situated in the western part of the Thracian Valley. It is one of the oldest settlements in the world, having emerged on the three adjacent hills – the beginning of its history dates back to 4,000 years BC. It has preserved Thracian, Roman and Bulgarian heritage from different epochs. There will be a 2 hour guided walking tour in the heart of the town and you will learn lots of historical facts and legends while exploring its most interesting sightseeing places. After it, you will have about 2 hours free time for lunch. The expected return in Sofia is at 5- 5;30pm.
Most times the group size is 4-8 people.
Audioguides are available in Plovdiv in the following languages: Spanish, Italian, French, German, Russian, Greek and Turkish- they cost 5 euro per device.
Arpil- October: 30 euro per person
November- March: 35 euro per person
- Booking in advance and confirmation is requred! "Last minute" reservations are accepted up to 12 hours before the starting time of the tour
- From April to October the price is 30 euro per person; from November to March the price is 35 euro per person
- Departure time: 9am (you should be there 15 minutes earlier)- search for the City Tour minivan
- Meeting point: behind Alexander Nevsky Cathedral- near Café La Cathedrale
- Return point: returns to the original location
- Day trip duration: 8 hours
- Reference code: CT21
Book on-line, by e-mail or by phone:
+359 894 40 41 41; +359 894 99 99 08; +359 2 980 46 86;
Specify the name of the tour and its reference code. “Last minute” reservations are accepted up to 12 hours before the starting time of the tour.
|Guide||Private Live Guide|
|Tour group||Small group (8-15 persons)|